A Unique Place from All Vantage Points
The Kickapoo Valley Reserve is an 8,600-acre tract of public land located between the villages of La Farge and Ontario in southwestern Wisconsin. Its history, resources, administration, and recreational diversity make it unique - a place like no other.
We invite you to come and see for yourself the many wonders of the Kickapoo Valley Reserve. Here, sandstone outcroppings tower over the Kickapoo River as you paddle its quiet waters while native plants and animals abound in all seasons. Whether you'd like to join us for a scheduled interpretive hike, adventure into the back-country on your own, or simply stop and admire the beauty, the Kickapoo Valley Reserve welcomes you!
COVID 19 INFORMATION:
The Kickapoo Valley Reserve follows the most current recommendations of WI DHS
INFORMATION AT A GLANCE
Day Use or Annual Pass Required. Purchase online in advance.
Become a Friends of KVR Member, which includes your 2022 Annual Pass.
- VISITOR CENTER HOURS: Monday thru Saturday 8am-4:30pm Sunday & Holidays 10am - 4pm *Educational Exhibits are currently under construction. NEW! Enhanced Discovery Center opening late October 2022.
- LOCAL WEATHER: Click here to view Visitor Center Weather Station
- OLD 131 TRAIL & STAR VALLEY TRAIL: OPEN - HORSE BIKE HIKE
- HIKING TRAILS: OPEN - report any down trees or trail tread issues
- NATURAL SURFACE HORSE/BIKE TRAILS: OPEN. Please report any downed trees or issues.
- CAMPING: OPEN. Site are first come, first served (no reservations). How to set up and pay for camping.
- KICKAPOO RIVER: Known blockage between Bridge 16 and Bridge 18, at low water levels requires, pulling boat over a log. Check current river levels- Ontario & La Farge gauging station. No garbage service provided at landings - take all trash with you. Planning a trip down the Kickapoo? Check out our River guide with distances and approximate float times.
*Please subscribe to NIXLE notification system for local weather warnings and other emergency alerts. Free to subscribe, opt out at any time.
Pack out ALL Trash!
Updated 8/9/2022 4:30pm