A Unique Place from All Vantage Points
The Kickapoo Valley Reserve is an 8,600-acre tract of public land located between the villages of La Farge and Ontario in southwestern Wisconsin. Its history, resources, administration, and recreational diversity make it unique - a place like no other.
INFORMATION AT A GLANCE
Day Use or Annual Pass Required. Purchase online in advance.
Become a Friends of KVR Member, which includes your 2022 Annual Pass.
- VISITOR CENTER HOURS: Monday thru Saturday 8am-4:30pm Sunday & Holidays 10am - 4pm *Educational Exhibits are currently under construction. NEW! Enhanced Discovery Center opening late October 2022. Watch for Grand Opening announcements.
- LOCAL WEATHER: Click here to view Visitor Center Weather Station
- OLD 131 TRAIL & STAR VALLEY TRAIL: OPEN - HORSE BIKE HIKE
- HIKING TRAILS: OPEN - report any down trees or trail tread issues
- NATURAL SURFACE HORSE/BIKE TRAILS: OPEN Please report any downed trees or trail tread issues. Users are required to have an annual or day pass.
- CAMPING: OPEN. How to set up and pay for camping. Coming soon - Online Camping Registration and Reservation. Watch for announcements.
- KICKAPOO RIVER: NO GLASS ALLOWED ON THE RIVER. River is in great shape! One tricky spot below Bridge 11 (Rockton Bridge). Report any issues. Check current river levels- Ontario & La Farge gauging station. No garbage service provided at landings - take all trash with you. Check out the Upper Kickapoo River guide with distances and approximate float times.
*Please subscribe to NIXLE notification system for local weather warnings and other emergency alerts. Free to subscribe, opt out at any time.
Pack out ALL Trash!
Updated 9/21/2022 9:00AM