A Unique Place from All Vantage Points
The Kickapoo Valley Reserve is an 8,600-acre tract of public land located between the villages of La Farge and Ontario in southwestern Wisconsin. Its history, resources, administration, and recreational diversity make it unique - a place like no other.
We invite you to come and see for yourself the many wonders of the Kickapoo Valley Reserve. Here, sandstone outcroppings tower over the Kickapoo River as you paddle its quiet waters while native plants and animals abound in all seasons. Whether you'd like to join us for a scheduled interpretive hike, adventure into the back-country on your own, or simply stop and admire the beauty, the Kickapoo Valley Reserve welcomes you!
COVID 19 INFORMATION:
The Kickapoo Valley Reserve follows the most current recommendations of WI DHS
INFORMATION AT A GLANCE
Day Use or Annual Pass Required. Purchase online in advance.
Become a Friends of KVR Member, which includes your 2022 Annual Pass.
- VISITOR CENTER HOURS: Monday thru Saturday 8am-4:30pm Sunday & Holidays 10am - 4pm
*Our Educational Exhibits are currently under construction. NEW! Enhanced Discovery Center opening September 2022.
- LOCAL WEATHER: Click here to view Visitor Center Weather Station
- OLD 131 TRAIL & STAR VALLEY TRAIL: OPEN - HORSE BIKE HIKE
- NATURAL SURFACE HORSE/BIKE TRAILS: OPEN - Report any down trees
- DOGS: ALL dogs must be on a leash on KVR property, April 15-July 31, 2022.
- KICKAPOO RIVER: Total blockage between Bridge 16 and Bridge 19, requires tricky portage. Report any problem spots. Check current river levels. - Ontario and La Farge gauging station. No garbage service provided at landings - take all trash with you. Planning a trip down the Kickapoo? Check out our River guide with distances and approximate float time.
- HUNTING & FISHING: The KVR property is OPEN for public hunting & fishing in accordance with State seasons & licensing requirements. Hunters take note: School Zone boundary Click here.
*Please subscribe to NIXLE notification system for local weather warnings and other emergency alerts. Free to subscribe, opt out at any time.
Pack out ALL Trash!
Updated 6/22/22 2:50pm