Skip to main content

Event Permits

Events - any groups larger than 10 people, wishing to hold events such as camping, weddings, family reunions, or dog trials - on the Kickapoo Valley Reserve are required to submit an event permit at least 45 days prior to the requested date. A special event permit may only be issued by KVR Executive Director after determining that the activity does not impair Reserve resources or visitor enjoyment and is not contrary to the goals of the Reserve mission statement.  Reserve staff will select an appropriate location for the event.  Educational groups, such as schools or scouts, may be assigned a camp site when appropriate.  An application and payment must be received a minimum of 45 days in advance of the event.  Payment is non-refundable if the event is cancelled.  Violations of Reserve rules and state or federal laws shall be cause for denial of future permits.   For questions and fee information, please contact the KVR office.

Event Permit Application
For wedding or other ceremonies, please use the Ceremony Agreement Form.


The Kickapoo Reserve Management Board acknowledges that the state and federal lands that comprise the Reserve fall within the ancestral homelands of First Nations people including the Hooçak Nation. We recognize the sovereignty of the Hooçak and other First Nations and will work towards a shared future by continuing to create collaborative opportunities to protect and preserve these lands.

Kickapoo Valley Reserve | S3661 State Highway 131 | La Farge, Wisconsin 54639 
Phone: 608-625-2960 | FAX: 608-625-2962

Facebook logo